KMA Healthcare services are
WHAT IS IN-HOME SUPPORTS SERVICES?
KMA Health Care Services combination of hands-on care, habilitative supports, and assistance with activities of daily living, including
- Training and support in activities of daily living and independent living skills
- Training and support to enhance community integration by utilizing community resources
- Training and support to enhance management of financial and personal affairs and awareness of
health and safety precaution
- Training on, and support in the monitoring of health, nutrition, and physical condition
- Training and support to coordinate or manage tasks outlined in the Health Management Care Plan
- Support in performing personal care, household, and homemaking tasks that are specific to the needs of the person
- Support with developing the skills necessary to reduce or eliminate behavioral episodes
- Support by implementing a Behavioral Support Plan (BSP) or positive strategies
- Support with the acquisition of new skills or maintenance of existing skills based on individualized preferences and goals
- Coordinating transportation to participate in community events consistent with this service
WHAT IS COMPANION SERVICES
KMA Health Care Services Companion Care services include, but is not limited to the following:
- Assistance with improving self-help skills
- Assistance with nutritional and eating habits
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, tooth brushing, job appropriate grooming, problem resolution and other activities of daily living, (e.g. picking up medicine or mailing payments for utilities)
- Assistance with travel training and services, to and from job training, or place of employment or medical appointments
- Assistance with securing the person?s clothing, personal items, and medication
- Assistance with interaction with the community and other resources
- Assistance with and delivery of services during the period of vocational training, employment and independent living
- Assistance with transfer, ambulation and range of motion exercises.
WHAT IS RESPITE SERVICES?
KMA Health Care Services respite services provide relief to a person?s family or primary care-giver. Our respite services are designed to enable them to participate in scheduled or unscheduled time away from the person,
while preventing gaps in the delivery of the person?s services.
RESPITE CARE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Daily or hourly respite
- Assistance with activities of daily living: eating, bathing, dressing, toiletting, transferring (walking) and continence , etc ?
- Coordination and provision of transportation and access to community activities Monitoring the person?s health and physical condition, as well as assistance with other medical needs